Re: [SLE] Firefox, fixed and broken again.... :-(
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 01:24:32 +0200 (CEST)

The Thursday 2005-05-05 at 21:51 +0100, Kevanf1 wrote:

> Following my earlier post of stating that Firefox 1.0.3 was
> fixed....it's broken again. I'm running 9.2 It works if I log in
> through KDE as root but not as a normal user. So now I'm really not
> sure what the next move is. It does try to start but dies within a
> split second of opening. Which is very annoying because I like the
> new look and feel.

I use mozilla, so I don't know. But if it works for root, not for user, I
would check if there are files nor runnable/readable by your normal user,
both in your profiles and the /opt/MozillaFirefox/ directories.

You can also try starting it from a terminal: it might print a message
there when dying.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson