rkhunter-1.2.5-1.noarch.rpm available
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 07:30:31 -0500

My appologies for missing the 1.2.4 version and being somewhat tardy
in providing the 1.2.5. I have just experienced total bilateral knee
joint replacement, both knees. It is not something you would give a
friend for Christmas.

rkhunter -1.2.5-1.noarch.rpm is available for download:
http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~pat/rkhunter-1.2.5-1.noarch.rpm
http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~pat/rkhunter-1.2.5-1.src.rpm
http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~pat/rkhunter-1.2.5.tar.gz

Project description:
Rootkit Hunter scans files and systems for known and unknown rootkits,
backdoors, and sniffers. The package contains one shell script, a few
text-based databases, and optional Perl modules. It should run on
almost every Unix clone.

Changelog
Below is the changelog of Rootkit Hunter. It will contain changes of
early released versions and the active development version.

Current public version: 1.2.5
Current development version: 1.2.6 (not available yet)

* 1.2.5 (03/05/2005)

New:
- Added support for FreeBSD 4.11 (i386)
- Added support for RHEL AS release 3
- Added support for Cobalt (6.5.1)

Changes:
- Fixed permissions of check_update.sh
- Fixed typo in help
- Improved detection for some unknown rootkits/backdoors
- Improved messages/logging
- Some code cleanups
- Important: fixed a security issue, related to temporary files

author: Michael Boelen <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.rootkit.nl

HOG # US1244711 Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery

< Previous Next >