SUSE 9.3: buggy as hell
  • From: Janne Karhunen <Janne.Karhunen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 23:39:34 +0300
Hi,

Let me first say that i'm a Linux professional, i make my living
off it and have been using it since -96. So far i've been a happy
camper with SUSE (for 6 years now), but now i honestly have to say
that i'm very, very, VERY disappointed with the quality of the
latest release. Really sad :(

Bugs just keep hopping left and right. So far i've had serious
trouble with (i'll skip small annoyances, there are just too many
of them to list):
- Installer claims **random** packages missing from **original**
media. Same stuff happens with several completely different
pieces of hardware. Media check passes. Some installer internal
race condition?
- SUSE kernel does not even initialize on ASUS A8N X86-64 MB. Had
to change kernel to mainline kernel DURING INSTALLATION to get
system up.
- Keyboard layout ( Finnish/Swedish ) on IBM T41 laptop seems
completely broken. It's broken from the initial grub menu to
the X. Looks like it thinks the numeric keypad is on the middle
of the keyboard. Have no idea how to fix this - any ideas?
- IBM T41 panel is not automatically probed anymore
- ..

--
// Janne

< Previous Next >