Re: [SLE] SUSE 9.3: buggy as hell
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <red.kryptonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 22:13:56 -0700
On 5/6/05, Richard <ratcheson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ben, I still have that problem on one of my machines and have no idea how
> to fix it. So far I've installed 9.3 on two machines and no problem, but
> then I no longer use reiserfs, I went to jfs or xfs. Got tired of the
> reiserfs mucking up the machine for no reason. Happened on three
> different machines.
>
> Looks like 9.3 is stable as a rock for me. Only 4 more machines to go.
> Richard

I did a fresh install of 9.3 on this specific machine. I don't know if
you did an upgrade or not.. but the only upgrade that has worked as
promised in the last 10 years has been the Panther to Tiger upgrade I
did a couple days ago. Every other upgrade I've done has had quite a
few issues.

I needed something stable because I need to replicate this over 60+
machines in the next month for our new mail cluster. It's going to not
be SO painful as I'm going to make a good hd image and use a hardware
hd replicator to make those 59 other root drives.

The 25 minute reboots were an issue though.. I'm glad that has been
fixed. As for the other software on these machine.. it's ALL custom
stuff an by that I mean written in house and won't see the light of
day as far as the public is concerned.

-Ben

--
"There is no need to teach that stars can fall out of the sky
and land on a flat Earth in order to defend religious faith."

< Previous Next >