Re: [SLE] SUSE 9.3: buggy as hell
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <red.kryptonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 22:21:53 -0700
On 5/6/05, Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Given the amount of software included in the distribution the above
> "problems" aren't really that bad. I'll stick with SuSE Linux
> Professional 9.3.

Quite true. Which is why I've stuck with SUSE through thick and thin
since 1997. :)

> Ps: If you look closely at this message, you will noticed that I
> hedged my bets. I started using Mac OS X due to its having BSD under
> the hood.

But sticking with them doesn't mean blind obedience either. I use them
for desktop workstations in the office, servers and a home server (big
data repository) but as far as home work environment .. I'm quite
pleased with my Powerbook running 10.4 (Tiger) as it gives me what I
need and is basically UNIX... with the exception that they've gone
and replaced init with this new launchd stuff that I've yet to figure
out.

-Ben

--
"There is no need to teach that stars can fall out of the sky
and land on a flat Earth in order to defend religious faith."

< Previous Next >