Re: [SLE] SuSe & ATI Drivers
  • From: Glenn Pedersen <glenn.ped@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 19:07:10 +1000
On Sun, 8 May 2005 05:24 pm, marko wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm a noob with linux but i managed to get everything to work but my
> Radeon 9800pro, i couldnt get it to work in suse 9.1 and i cant get it to
> work in 9.3 either(i went and bought 9.3 hoping it had decent ATI support).
> Last time i tried in suse 9.1 i downloaded the suse drivers from their FTP
> and followed instructions but in the end that just messed up my X-Server,
> so im trying to get as much info as i can before i try again(i dont wanna
> reinstall again).
> Thanx

I had the same problem with a Radeon 9800xt.
The only drivers I can get to work are the ones on the Dvd.

I used the 8.10.19-6 drivers.
Just follow the instructions at
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/X/ATI/suse93/i386/fglrx/8.12.10/

but use the drivers that came with Suse 9.3 instead of the drivers there.

I cant get any of the newer drivers supplied by Suse to work. :(

Cheers, Glenn