Re: [SLE] 9.3 Login Show Users?
  • From: Volker Poplawski <volker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 11:27:34 +0200
Am Samstag, 7. Mai 2005 17:45 schrieb Jim Flanagan:

> >> It is set to kdm
> >
> > did you do that last part??
> > DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME=""
> > * After you have made these changes, save the file, exit the
> > editor and run the command
> > SuSEconfig --module kdm3
>
> Yes. I first used the yast method that runs suseconfig automatically. That
> didn't change the login. Then I manually checked
> /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager and yast had changed it to "". For good
> measure I ran SuSEconfig --module kdm3 a well, even though I didn't have
> to change anything at that point. That did not change the log in either.
>
> Am I missing something simple??
>
> --
> Jim Flanagan
> linuxjim@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi there.

I ran into the same problem. Changes to /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager had no
effect on the login screen.

Then this lines in the output of
SuSEconfig --module kdm3
came to my attention:
[...]
ATTENTION: You have modified /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc. Leaving it
untouched...
You can find my version in /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc.SuSEconfig
[...]

Don't knwo why i had changes to the kdmrc Suseconfig does not know about, but
anyway, replacing my version with the newly created one solved the whole
thing for me.

HIH
....Volker