Re: [SLE] ftp server
  • From: Bob Swift <bswift@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 07:48:56 -0600
On May 10, 2005 07:32, Ken Schneider wrote:

> Looking to set up an ftp server so I can install 9,3 on a machine that
> has a broken dvd drive. The only server package on 9.2 DVD is pure-ftpd
> and I can't figure out how to set the root dir to where I want it. Am I
> missing something simple or are the docs missing that part?

I'm assuming that you're trying to set the directory for anonymous ftp. The
directory used is the home directory for the user "ftp". Set this to
whatever you want as the root directory of your ftp service (but you can't
use YAST for this if the directory already exists), and you should be ready
to roll. Of course, make sure that user "ftp" can read the files and
subdirectories.

Hope this helps.

Bob