Re: [SLE] ftp server
  • From: Martin Love <martin.love@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 17:58:24 +0200
On Tuesday 10 May 2005 15:32, Ken Schneider wrote:
> Looking to set up an ftp server so I can install 9,3 on a machine that
> has a broken dvd drive. The only server package on 9.2 DVD is pure-ftpd
> and I can't figure out how to set the root dir to where I want it. Am I
> missing something simple or are the docs missing that part?

Hi Ken,

I had a similar problem in that my second PC only had a CD drive in it and I
couldn't be bothered installing SuSE 9.2 on it using the 5 CD's.

I used my PC1 (Original SuSE 9.2 PC with DVD rom drive) and created an NFS
mapping to the DVD drive on this PC and from the second PC I inserted the
first CD from my SuSE 9.2 installation set and told it I wanted to install
from an NFS drive.

This was a few months ago, but from what I remembered it was straight
forward.. and if I ever need to install new packages on PC2 then I have the
NFS mapping to the DVD drive, so there is no problems..

Hope this helps.

Martin