Re: [SLE] SuSE supported aDSL devices
  • From: Kevin Donnelly <kevin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 22:52:25 +0100
On Wednesday 11 May 2005 22:12, Jan Sedivy wrote:
> I am just starting using Linux (SuSE 9.2) and I´d like to use it also
> for my connection to Internet via aDSL. But I´m not sure which devices
> are capable running under SuSE.

It's probably easier (and almost as cheap) to get a stand-alone ADSL router.
It will run itself, and all you need to do is plug both it and your PC into a
hub or switch. There are a lot of these little boxes about nowadays - the
last one I got for someone was a Zoom X4
(http://www.zoom.com/products/adsl_overview.html), and that worked fine from
switch-on.

--

Pob hwyl / Best wishes