Re: [SLE] What does this group think of the Tyan or Asus MOBOs?
  • From: Jack Malone <jmalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 17:41:11 -0500
At 07:29 AM 5/12/2005, Felix Miata wrote:

jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Tyan I've bought before and would buy again. Asus I've bought before and
would not buy again:
http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/Asus_Sucks_Story-01.html
--
I have used asus boards for years with no problems. I have one asus 64 athlon at work as our mine server that works good, except the onboard gig nic. I just dropped in an intel 1 gig nic an it rocks. will give you model #tomorrow when i get back into the office. I have another one on order waiting to be my server at home from asus that seems to work ok with the live dvd of 9.;3 when i tried it out on my windows workstation at work its the ASU MB K8N-E DeluX nForce3 GBLAN .
I have also one of the tyan tiger dual amd athlon mp running 9.3 at work an it works pretty good. its my test bed machine before i take stuff to the production server. do not know the model of it but its been running suse linux for few years with no problems.

so i would recommend either of them.

jack