Re: Re[2]: [SLE] Installing on a laptop
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 06:22:21 -0400
On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 02:30, Sean Rima wrote:
> Hello rudolf,
>
> Friday, May 13, 2005, 3:58:22 AM, you wrote:
>
> >> Sean Rima wrote:
>
> >> I am going to buy 9.3 this week to install on my Fujitsu Siemens
> >> Amilo laptop. This has a lan and wlan built in as wel as a touchpad
> >> mouse.
>
> >> Anyone know of any problems in this
>
> > .
> > .
>
> > I have 9.2 installed on an Amilo (1.7Ghz 'Dothan'). With the exception
> > of WiFi (I use Linuxant drivers), I have no problems. I suspect 9.3
> > should be fine as well.
>
> Excellent, not sure what my wifi is, but I can find out I guess :)

I installed 9.3 on a Dell Lattitude D-600. Snagged the windows modem
drivers for the wire-less nic and using ndiswrapper installed it with
some help from Google. I don't have a persistent config for the nic,
but the bash history has the needed line to make it active. (I'll work
on that when a get several minutes.) The additions in KDE dealing with
WIFI are a great help in setting access points.

< Previous Next >