Re: [SLE] Yast install from ISO images
  • From: Allison Maury <alli@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:24:54 +0200
David Chapman wrote:

On Friday 13 May 2005 12:09, Allison Maury wrote:

Hi,

I have SLES 9 installed.

I have followed the directions from the following Cool Solutions page

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/8973.html

for saving images of the install CDs to the hard disk so that I can
install packages without the CDs. So, I ripped the CDs to the hard
disk, then mounted the 5 image files, and then changed the source of
installation within yast. The problem is that when I try to install
something, for example logsurfer (medium is CD2), it's still asking me
to insert 'SUSE CORE Version 9 CD 2.' I don't know if it's related to
the warning that I get for the last 3 cds ("There is no product
information available..."). But the Cool Solutions page says it's safe
to continue with this warning. I have installed 2 packages though this
method, but it hangs on most.

Did I forget something? Any ideas?

THANKS!

Did you disable the original install source.
You can also move it to the bottom of the list.

Thanks for your repsonse. I did disable the original install source. Any other ideas?

< Previous Next >