Re: [SLE] automounting of Floppy 9.3 [solved: NOT automounting]
  • From: "Hipolito A. Gonzalez M." <hgonzale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:28:54 -0400
JB wrote:

On Thursday 12 May 2005 19:30, Carlos E. R. wrote:

The Tuesday 2005-04-26 at 04:33 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

How does one switch back to automounting the floppy under 9,3? The
user mounting is spotty.

I need the opossite.

How do I dissable the damm (sorry) automount now?

The SDB has just published the long waited answer (10.05.2005) - thanks to
Hipolito A. for pointing this to me in SLS list:

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/05/dkukawka_subfs_nomount.html
Conventional Mounting Instead of subfs

This other article helps decipher the above:

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/05/dkukawka_hal_mountpoints.html
Mounting to Static Mount Points

I can expand on the above a bit, I have just disabled automounting
of the cdrom and floppy on my PC - just ask, I'm about to close for
the day.

I'm asking! It all looked like chinese to me! :(

For me too.
I am not a new programer. I only arrive to Pascal, C Foxpro, now I am a OS manager, security consultor, Suse reseller, not a programer!

Una prensa libre es el gran enemigo de los dictadores.
Independientemente de sus abusos, sus debilidades, sus
errores. Una prensa libre es la gran aliada y defensora
de la democracia.

Charlos S. Shapiro
Embajador de USA en la Rep. de Venezuela
Martes, 20 de Mayo 2003