Re: [SLE] LAN Problem
  • From: Chris <meliore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 06:35:34 +1000
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. wrote:
>Another strange problem that has occurred after upgrading my system from v9.0 to v9.3.
>
>In 9.1 I could access Igor, a MS XP box on my LAN via either Krusader or Konqueror via Samba and/or LinNeighborhood.
>
>Up until today, the linux browser could only see some of the MS directories that were accessable in 9.0 - strange point number one. For some reason, starting with a fresh boot this morning the browsers now see none of the MS directories.
>
>LinNeighborhood used to work, in 9.0, with out complaint. No more! It can see all of the direcories on the XP machine, but when I attempt to mount one I get:
>
>smbmount //IGOR/P /root/mnt/IGOR/P/ -o username=Administrator%*****,fmask=644,dmask=755,uid=0,gid=0,ip=,debug=0,workgroup=ffc,port=139
>Can't resolve address
>
>I have acccepted all of the defaults for LinNeighborhood. Neither of the machines is behind a dedicated firewall as I depend on the routher firewall.
>
>This situation puts a serious crimp in my research as I routinely move files between the machines.
>
>I don't have the faintest idea as to what is going on and will appreciate any and all assistance.
>
>Thanks in advance

Do you have one nic or more? This problem is common with more than one.
The designations change. Eth0 and eth1 change around so internal becomes
external. There are a number of solutions. The one I used was to
activate swat and under global set the device to the address of the
internal device.
Chris

< Previous Next >