Re: [SLE] LAN Problem - Latest Stagger Forward
  • From: "Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D." <s.molnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 08:34:06 -0400
This morning I made an interesting discovery.

If I am logged on as root (yes, I know, I don't like it either), and I enter:

'mount -t smbfs //IGOR/O /root/mnt/IGOR/O/'

and, of course, enter the correct XP password

I can access the XP files from the linux machine

Why can't I do this as a user? More importantly, what do I have to change to
enable the process as a user?

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry Stochastic and multivariant