Re: [SLE] KMail minor questions
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 05:17:05 +1000
On Mon, 16 May 2005 23:49, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> I certainly do have messages filtered into folders, and some SPAMS deleted.
> I did find an anomaly this morning as we had a power failure last night. As
> I was booting the system this morning, KDE complained that I had another
> instance of Kmail running. (Which was probably a lockfile that got left
> around).
> I think the problem occurred after I deleted a number of messages that I
> had previously read at home.
> But the answer to my question is really, exit kmail and restart.

I have had this problem a couple of times due to crashes or lockups that I
caused. The only way I found to find the new unknown mail was to click on
each folder until the I found each mail. Restarting kmail did not work, nor
anything else I tried although I didn't try deleting the indexes ( which was
more work than the above).

--
Regards,

Graham Smith