Re: [SLE] KMail minor questions
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 05:45:10 +1000
On Tue, 17 May 2005 05:28, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On Monday 16 May 2005 3:17 pm, Graham Smith wrote:
> > I have had this problem a couple of times due to crashes or lockups that
> > I caused. The only way I found to find the new unknown mail was to click
> > on each folder until the I found each mail. Restarting kmail did not
> > work, nor anything else I tried although I didn't try deleting the
> > indexes ( which was more work than the above).
>
> Did you try to compact all folders ?

Yep, that doesn't work. As I said the only way I found the missing emails was
to click on each folder until I found them all. I have been using this method
for a long time now ( Since KDE 3.0 I think). It doesn't take long but is
frustrating.

The only time this happens is when there are new messages in Kmail and either
KDE or the system hangs or crashes.

--
Regards,

Graham Smith