Re: [SLE] KMail minor questions
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 07:13:04 +1000
On Tue, 17 May 2005 05:55, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On Monday 16 May 2005 3:45 pm, Graham Smith wrote:
> > The only time this happens is when there are new messages in Kmail and
> > either KDE or the system hangs or crashes.
>
> It appears that your system locks up more frequently than it should. I have
> not experienced a KDE crash on SuSE 9.2, but Kmail does crash occasionally.
> I found that Kmail tends to get into a tight loop when checking mail
> sometimes, and is worse when using IMap. Normally, I try to kill KMail
> using -TERM, but sometimes a -9 is necessary (or ctrl-alt-ESC).

I was referring to KDE 3.0 upwards, at the moment I'm running SuSE 9.3 (KDE
3.4) and it only occurs when I cause the lockup because of some experimental
software I'm testing or mis-configure something. I've never had Kmail crash
on me.

I initially was only explaining how to find hidden new email messages which
don't appear in the folders.

--
Regards,

Graham Smith