Printer pause
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:39:56 +0200
Hi list,

On a SUSE 9.2 File/print server, I have problem that for some reason,
the printers are paused every now and then. For no apparent reason.

Both are USB printers, one a Designjet 500 (set up as a raw queue,
windows drivers installed on the clients), and a OfficeJet D145 (Yast
picks this one up correctly).

Both print perfectly fine for a couple of days, then all of a sudden the
printer queue box on windows says printer is paused, and in the cups
interface it is paused/stopped, and I have to start it again.

Any ideas why? Also, is there a command that would start/restart the
respective queues?

Thanks
--
Hans du Plooy