Re: [SLE] KWiFimanager NFG again!!!
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:28:09 -0400
Jack Brooks wrote:
Don't use the KwifiManager. Use the SuSE netapplet. I've been using it
(with 9.3) on my Compaq Presario 2800T at home and at school with NO
problems. Works great.

One thing that appears to be missing, it the ability to switch an ethernet adapter from static to dhcp addresses. Currently, I use profiles to switch between static, dhcp and wifi. Also, when switching wifi, does it change only the essid or the complete settings, including WEP keys etc. For example, I currently have two wifi configurations, one for home and one for another location. I have saved the two configurations and when I want to switch, copy the appropriate file over ifcfg-wlan. Will netapplet do similar?