Re: [SLE] KWiFimanager NFG again!!!
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:51:39 -0400
Jack Brooks wrote:
On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 10:54 -0400, James Knott wrote:

Ken Schneider wrote:

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 10:36 -0400, James Knott wrote:

Is there any way to get this to work as intended?

Why, after all this time and at least four versions, can't KDE & SuSE
make something that works???

Again, SuSE & KDE have provided a potentially useful tool, that I've yet to see work, through four SuSE versions. You'd think that after I and others had filed a report on this problem, they might take a hint and fix the damn thing.

There is no excuse for such shoddy work. Either fix it or remove it.

I guess you didn't see my response. It DOES work. Works great, in
fact. I don't know why it doesn't seem to be working on your laptop,
but, from what I can tell, it's pretty functional as is. Not a SuSE
problem, I think. Maybe it's your computer?

I don't know how to do detailed system code trouble-shooting. I would
just re-install 9.3 and double check that all the packages I want are
installed. For instance, if you haven't already, try installing the
entire set of Mobile Computing packages.

I've already installed everything listed that might affect this. I've got a ThinkPad and even the configure-thinkpad package was installed. However, I doubt it's hardware as SuSE has no problem working with it and never has. As I mentioned in the other note, the Control Center saves the config in a file that's nowhere near where the interface config is located. It's SuSE that determines where the ifcfg-wlan file is located, not the hardware manufacturer.