Re: [SLE] strange output from ls -l ???
  • From: "John N. Alegre" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:02:34 -0500
On Thursday 19 May 2005 10:44, Anders Johansson wrote:
> > If so, the answer is that there are permissions on that file that do not
> > map within the scheme Cygwin uses to equate Unix-style permissions to
> > Windows equivalents / counterparts.

This is just stating the obvious. Try reading the question. It was not how
to display the bit but how to change it.

> Please, this is hardly cygwin specific. If you use setfacl to set an access
> control list on a file or directory you will see that + too. It just means
> there are more permissions than the standard rwxrwxrwx model has room for.
> It applies to linux as well

Going through the setfacl help I see not command the works.

setfacl -s file

returns illegal AOL entries error

do you know any setfacl command that will take

-rw-rw-rw-+ 1 dog wheel 75633 Aug 24 2004 qtvoke.exe

-rw-rw-rw- 1 dog wheel 75633 Aug 24 2004 qtvoke.exe

And thank you for the real help

john

< Previous Next >