Re: [SLE] strange output from ls -l ???
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 19:08:38 +0200
> think a SuSE list would have the answer to the question? In this case,
> there does happen to be considerable overlap, but in general there's a
> lot of stuff on Cygwin that is strictly a idiosyncratic to that
> environment. Should we be entertaining all such questions just because
> the Gnu tools happen to run on both SuSE and Cygwin?

Why not? I don't have a clue about how cygwin interacts with the windows
permission system, but if someone else does, more power to them. So long as
things don't get too out of hand, we've never had a list police here that I'm
aware of. People ask all sorts of questions here and usually get a workable
answer, that's one of the reasons I love this list

< Previous Next >