RE: [SLE] strange output from ls -l ???
  • From: "James D. Parra" <Jamesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:15:25 -0700

>think a SuSE list would have the answer to the question? In this case,
>there does happen to be considerable overlap, but in general there's a
>lot of stuff on Cygwin that is strictly a idiosyncratic to that
>environment. Should we be entertaining all such questions just because
>the Gnu tools happen to run on both SuSE and Cygwin?

"This is not a SuSE question .. more of a UNIX question. I have
encountered a
output from a ls -l command that i have ever seen before ..."

The question is not a Cygwin specific question and anyone on the this list
could benefit from the post. This list isn't a forum for solely Suse
specific questions. Anyone should feel welcome asking a Linux question here
as with other Linux distribution list.

Besides, you are overlooking the idea of "openness" associated with
Gnu/Linux and the concept of sharing knowledge. Luckily for the poster,
there were people on this list who were considerate enough to help him out.

~James