RE: [SLE] strange output from ls -l ???
  • From: "James D. Parra" <Jamesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 12:38:58 -0700

>You think YaST is the only SuSE-specific thing in a SuSE distribution?
>How absurd.

Is that all you got out of that? Yes, you got me there. Yast is all there is
to Suse. (That is sarcasm, just so you know)

>But he didn't know that. It was just dumb luck that there was any
>overlap at all. I can't see the point of encouraging people to ask
>whatever question comes to their minds on this list regardless of
>whether there was even a Linux installation within a mile of them when
>the issue arose.

>But hey. Come one, come all. No question's off limits. This is the list
>to end all lists.

Why is your dander up? If the poster didn't mention that he was using Cygwin
on windows, no one would have known otherwise. His post would have been just
a question about "ls" output and all would be happy. The question was not
about a how to stuff a goose or what the ambient temperature on Titan is.

I guess the "ls" command behaves differently on a Suse system than on
others.

~James