RE: [SLE] strange output from ls -l ???
  • From: "James D. Parra" <Jamesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:44:26 -0700
Randall,

After reviewing past and current posts to this list, a significant portion
are about general Linux questions. Should we turn these posters away? I
think we shouldn't, but you, possibly, hold a different opinion. The
original post was about "ls". That was it. With all the general Linux
non-Suse specific questions that are posted here, I thought he deserved a
useable answer. Hopefully, he got it. Hopefully, again, he may go out and
buy a Suse box set because he had such great experience on this list. Who
knows.

>May I ask why your mailer doesn't preserve thread links?

Yes, you may ask. Unfortunately, I don't know why. Should I provide you with
more info without fear of getting flamed? I'll give it a shot. We use
Exchange. Why Microsoft doesn't comply with mail standards, I don't know. I
hate it. Don't ask me to change company policy either. It isn't going to
happen.

If you want, let's take the rest of this dialogue off list so we can spare
the list of any more of this 'tit for tat' banter.

~James