Re: [SLE] How's suse-linux-e spam checking?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 03:40:24 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2005-05-20 at 08:34 +0700, AD Marshall wrote:

> I'm just wondering if this message will make to the suse-linux-e list,
> because it's being sent directly via sendmail/postfix with my fake HO
> (Home-Office) network domain, h0lug.sourceforge.nOt, being used. I
> would have expected suse-linux-e mailing list system to reject this
> message.

That's how I always send email (I have to, long story). Fortunately, SuSE
does not block dynamic IPs, but it does use RBL lists, and providers here
are often listed.

On a similar subject, I'm surprised that a lot of certified spam does get
published in suse mail archives, in http lists.suse.com, and that they
don't pay somebody to clean the archives manually, at least.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >