Re: [SLE] How's suse-linux-e spam checking?
  • From: AD Marshall <admarshall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:16:02 +0700
On Friday 20 May 2005 10:03, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Friday 2005-05-20 at 08:49 +0700, AD Marshall wrote:
> > Next: The full header from the above mail accepted by suse-linux-e,
> > followed by a header from a test message sent from the same kmail
> > identity, both via "Sendmail" as "Sending" server.
>
> Er... those headers are the headers you receive from the list
> servers; the "received" headers pertaining to the part of the email
> since it goes out from your MUA till it reaches SuSE is stripped and
> nobody can see them.
>
> We can not see there your "faked" names. To see them, you can send an
> email to yourself. If that fails, to me, direct, and then I send it
> to back to you.

Thanks, Carlos. I've tried it by sending to myself and noticed the fake
name.

> > test message to gmail
> > ==================
>
> Ah, this is diferent. Read it from the bottom up. The first one
> (bottom) is the local send from kmail to postfix.
>
> The second is "mx.gmail.com" getting email from the faked
> "tpad01.h0lug.sourceforge.not", with the real IP noted (your IP at
> the time - I would have disguised it before publishin on list)

It's actually a "national" gateway, so makes no difference to me.
VietNam is that way <sigh>. If one person abuses some site, like
someone did with slashdot once, we all get blocked.

Thanks for the patient explanation.
<rest cut>