Re: [SLE] How's suse-linux-e spam checking?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 05:18:23 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2005-05-20 at 09:41 +0700, AD Marshall wrote:

> Isn't any reverse-dns checking or anything like that done? Or would that
> or anything related to dns be ineffective against spam or spoofing?

Reverse dns seldom works - or not always. I know a number of bona fide
business sites here whose rdns fails because the ISP doesn't mend it.
They have fixed IPs for years, they have domain names, http server, mail
servers, etc, but no reverse dns, it points to completely different name.

Perhaps your part of the world is different. But nobody can force every
ISP to fully comply with good standards.

Very unfortunate.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson