Re: [SLE] How's suse-linux-e spam checking?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 16:56:42 +0200 (CEST)

The Friday 2005-05-20 at 10:16 +0700, AD Marshall wrote:

> > The second is "mx.gmail.com" getting email from the faked
> > "tpad01.h0lug.sourceforge.not", with the real IP noted (your IP at
> > the time - I would have disguised it before publishin on list)
>
> It's actually a "national" gateway, so makes no difference to me.
> VietNam is that way <sigh>. If one person abuses some site, like
> someone did with slashdot once, we all get blocked.

Ah! I'm begining to understand now. Yes, some people directly block IPs
based on the nation, because there are a lot of hackers and spam said to
be coming from "the far east", and they say they do not need to correspond
or do bussiness over there. There are rules in SpamAssassin for tests of
that sort - I still do not know well what they do, SA documentation is
scarce.

> Thanks for the patient explanation.

Welcome :-)

--