Re: [SLE] kde spash screen
  • From: steve <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 19:19:13 +0200

> > > How do I setup the KDE splash screen to appear system
> > > wide
> >
> > Copy the theme files to a directory in the following
> > path:
> >
> > /opt/kde3/share/apps/ksplash/Themes/<theme_name>/
> >
> > This is where the default themes are located.
> >
> > Then edit /opt/kde3/share/config/ksplashrc
>
> On 9.1 I used to put everything into the above mentioned
> folder, into the corresponding subfolders; BUT as root I
> used to link always the theme as "Default" I would like
> to have for all of my users.

Thanks.
I run the lan at a small international school and these
issues are of the utmost importance to our students. They
tend to judge an update on how it looks and clicks.

The upgrade from 9.2 to 9.3 has been one of the most time
consuming and irritating I can remember. The KDE stuff and
the suse openoffice interference don't ease the situation
at all.

Thanks again for your help.
Steve.

< Previous Next >