changing PIM to kdepim
  • From: Tim Hanson <tjhanson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 19:47:36 -0700
I'm thinking of changing my pim to kdepim, and I have a few questions.

>From what I've seen (having never run it), the mail client keeps its
mail in ~/Mail. Where do the contact manager, task manager, and
calendar keep their respective data files?

I have to keep a desktop and a laptop synchronized, especially for
contacts, tasks and addresses. Does this require a fancy sync program,
or can I just use something like unison?

I have two desktops. They are different enough that I can't simply link
the home directory of one to the other, but several of the directories
in my home directory on my secondary desktop are links to my server via
nfs, which doubles as my main desktop. Evolution won't let me do this
with the ~/.evolution directory without loads of permission errors.
Will I have trouble with the kpim applications?

TIA.