Apps not shutting down
  • From: John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 23:09:13 -0700

I'm having trouble with apps shutting down fully in 9.2 Pro.

One is the KNode newsreader. I constantly have to ps -ef | grep and kill -9
to make sure all copies have released before relaunching.

This goes for Real Player as well -- there seem to be one copy in memory for
each time I've loaded a streaming radio station.

Then there's bzflag. If I press quit it just sits there...I have to
Ctrl-Alt-F1 to launch a new terminal and kill -9 it.

And, last but not least, the whole GUI won't shut down about 1 out of 3 times
when I log off -- I have to do it at least 2 or 3 times before it actually
ends the session or restarts.

  • No further messages