Re: [SLE] Kat and libpoppler
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 15:20:35 -0700
Hi,

I have a small update to my previous post describing the stall / hang
that occurs when indexing.

It turns out that when you cancel the stalled indexing operation, you
can still save the index created up to the point where things broke
down and that index can be used to do seraches, albeit presumably not
all the files you intended to index.

I say "presumably" because it's hard to tell which, if any, of the files
were skipped because of the stall. Kat doesn't, e.g., give you any
summary statistics about its indexes. The only way to find if something
was indexed is to search for something you know is in that file or
expand the directory hierarchy to expose it.

Randall Schulz