dvdrip
  • From: Glenn Pedersen <glenn.ped@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:47:54 +1000
Im trying to get Dvdrip working under Suse 9.3 but to no avail. It hangs when
ripping the dvd.

It makes no matter what dvd I try it always hangs the machine.
I thought it may have had something to do with hal "the auto mounter thingy"
so I stopped it by typing "rchal stop" and then try to rip the dvd.

When i have hal disabled it rips further that with it enabled but still hangs
at about 20% or so. With hal enabled it only get to about 10% or so.

Btw I believe libdvdread is used to rip the dvd and the ver i have installed
is libdvdread-0.9.4-2.pm.1

I have tried using vobcopy to rip but it hangs as well. :(

Has anyone got dvdrip to work successfully under 9.3

btw using the same hardware and 9.2 I had no problems at all.

Cheers, Glenn