Re: [SLE] Private emails
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 00:40:00 +0200
On Tuesday 24 May 2005 00:29, David Johanson wrote:
> Anders Johansson wrote:
> > David, it's not a bounce, it never gets that far. The mail server blocks
> > immediately, so there are no headers.
> >
> > Besides, you never said who this "him" is that I should send it to :)
> >
> > But I did send one to you just now, so they should see something in their
> > logs
>
> Anders -
>
> me again.
>
> Here is the story. Your entire network (demon.ne) is blocked by
> patriot.net as it sent over 50,000 pieces of span in a 6 minute period
> about 8 months ago. As a result of "our" call they have unblocked your
> specific mail exchange (aghast.demon.ne)and ask that you now attempt to
> send to me directly. If it doesn't work they are going to unblock the
> network until they get hit by it again.
>
> dave

Different error message, slightly peculiar. This time it said

<dcjohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>: host jefferson.patriot.net[209.249.176.3] said: 553
5.3.0 <dcjohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>... ACCEPT (in reply to RCPT TO command)

They can't use a 5xx code (in this case 553) to mean success. 5xx codes are
Permanent Failure codes.

Btw, demon.nl is a big home ISP in Holland (my present domicile) so blocking
the
whole thing is a bit like blocking AOL in the states.

Couldn't they block by operating system used instead? The spam thing was
probably a windows virus anyway