Re: [SLE] OT Private emails
  • From: "Matt T." <Matt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:24:56 +0700
On Tuesday 24 May 2005 05:40, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 May 2005 00:29, David Johanson wrote:
> > Anders Johansson wrote:
> > > David, it's not a bounce, it never gets that far. The mail server
> > > blocks immediately, so there are no headers.
> > >
> > > Besides, you never said who this "him" is that I should send it to :)
> > >
> > > But I did send one to you just now, so they should see something in
> > > their logs
> >
> > Anders -
> >
> > me again.
> >
> > Here is the story. Your entire network (demon.ne) is blocked by
> > patriot.net as it sent over 50,000 pieces of span in a 6 minute period
> > about 8 months ago. As a result of "our" call they have unblocked your
> > specific mail exchange (aghast.demon.ne)and ask that you now attempt to
> > send to me directly. If it doesn't work they are going to unblock the
> > network until they get hit by it again.
> >
> > dave
>
> Different error message, slightly peculiar. This time it said
>
> <dcjohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>: host jefferson.patriot.net[209.249.176.3] said: 553
> 5.3.0 <dcjohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>... ACCEPT (in reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> They can't use a 5xx code (in this case 553) to mean success. 5xx codes are
> Permanent Failure codes.
>
> Btw, demon.nl is a big home ISP in Holland (my present domicile) so
> blocking the
> whole thing is a bit like blocking AOL in the states.
>
> Couldn't they block by operating system used instead? The spam thing was
> probably a windows virus anyway

You really expect a real patriot to open the door for you?

Well, the whole idea of these patriot stuff is to protect them from all the
bad things (except the oil, of course) coming from other countries, isn't it.
Better not talk with these aliens. Block it all! Before it infects you ;-)

sorry, couldn't resist!