Re: [SLE] Dot Desktop
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 00:51:08 +0200
On Thursday 26 May 2005 00:43, Carl William Spitzer IV wrote:
> I am attempting to add an icon to my desktop for manual flashdrive
> mounting. I am not sure what I am doing wrong?
[...]
> Exec='mount /dev/sda1 /media/FlashDrive'

When you give both device and mount point as parameters, you are
bypassing /etc/fstab. If you do that, you can only mount as root. To mount as
regular user, you need to have an entry in fstab with the 'user' option set,
and you need to give only one parameter to mount, either mount point or
device, but not both.

Once you have such an entry, you can use KDE's built in 'link to device'
links. Right-click on desktop, New->Link to device->hard disk, and select
your device from the dropdown

I don't know if there are other problems with your desktop file, I didn't look
too deeply once I saw this

< Previous Next >