Re: [SLE] Hauppauge WinTV-GO Model 190
  • From: Hilary Hertzoff <hhertzof@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:49:01 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 27 May 2005, Jason Snyder wrote:

Hi William,
I had a similar problem with my WinTV-GO under SuSE 9.3 along with a lot of
other hardware and general stability problems that were all tied to the same
thing: ACPI. Here are a couple of things to look into:

The problem is that these don't use the bttv module.

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-250.

While SuSE have installed the kernel module (IVTV), it (a) dosen't show up in YaST and (b) installs the firmware it needs to operate in the wrong directory.

To get it working I had to do the following steps:
1. Copy the firmware modules from /etc/modules to /etc/firmware - these are the files ivtv-fw-enc.bin and ivtv-fw-decode.bin

2. Do the following commands:
lsmod (if ivtv shows up on the list skip to 3)
modprobe ivtv
depmod

3. Test it:
cat /dev/video0 > my.mpg

4. If this works you can add /sbin/modprobe ivtv to your boot script. If this doesn't work, there's more information at http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php

Oh and if you can get one of these cards working in any of the included tv programs, please let me know. I've been running it in MPlayer using a script from the tar download to change channels which isn't ideal (and a pain in the neck to get running).

Good Luck
Hilary

Hilary L. Hertzoff From here to there,
Mamaroneck Public Library a bunny goes where a bunny must.
Mamaroneck, NY - Little Bunny on the Move
hhertzof@xxxxxxxxx by Peter McCarty