Re: [SLE] Hauppauge WinTV-GO Model 190
  • From: Hilary L Hertzoff <hhertzof@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:58:46 -0400
On Friday 27 May 2005 16:04, Jason Snyder wrote:
> Hi Hilary,
> There is a big difference between the WinTV-250 PVR and the WinTV-GO. The
> WinTV-GO DOES use the bttv drivers while the WinTV-250 PVR does not. I
> actually specifically went after the WinTV-GO specifically for this reason.

Ah, I hadn't realized that.

> By the way I use mplayer to. I am actually stuck on a copy I custom
> compiled a while back (MPlayer-1.0pre5-pm.2.athlon.rpm) running under SuSE
> 9.2 because I cannot get the newer versions of mpalyer to initialize the
> capture card properly, SuSE 9.3 doesn't seem to come with the proper
> libraries, and I have been trying to avoid dependency hell. I have noticed
> under SuSE 9.2 and mplayer 1.0pre5 that if I first access the TV card
> under XawTV, close, and then open under mplayer 1.0pre5 it will work
> properly. Doing this on a mid range system (Athlon XP 3200) with filtering
> and encoding options up the ying yang yields results that are quite nice.
> I would like to hack a more recent version of mplayer to play well with TV
> tuners if I can find the time to do so.

Wish I could help you there. For 9.3 I used the packman package so you might
want to try that one if you haven't already.

http://packman.links2linux.org/?action=128

> If you want to use the WinTV-250 PVR (mpeg2 encoder based as opposed to raw
> feed) you may want to check out MythTV. I have been reading on their
> website that they have been working on control modules for these types of
> cards.

I should. I tried it in 9.2 but I couldn't get it to compile properly.
Dependancy hell. I've only had 9.3 running since Monday so I'm still
tweaking things around.

Good luck
Hilary

< Previous Next >