Re: [SLE] Novell reports loss
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 23:39:47 +0200
On Saturday 28 May 2005 23:14, Ben Rosenberg wrote:
> Well, following that train of thought then what would explain the
> Australian University that I just read about that got rid of their
> Debian lab in favor of an OS X lab?

A donation?

As long as OS X is tied to an overly expensive hardware platform it will never
be more than a niche player, no matter how good it is. For the same reason
you will always see more Toyotas and Hondas than Ferraris or BMWs on the
streets

If IBM would price the POWER platform more reasonably though, I would leap at
it. Those chips really are nice