Re: [SLE] cable modem
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 12:32:53 -0400
Fred A. Miller wrote:

> Really? 'Didn't know? ALL routers, no matter what make will hand out DNS
> addresses.....so will most HUBS. MANY HUBS will even do NAT.

???

Lessee know, according to my calendar, April 1 was a few weeks back.

Perhaps you're wrong?

I've never heard of a hub that's capable of anything more that
regenerating and distributing packets. Also, a router does nothing more
than forward layer 3 packets. Those Linksys and other boxes, include
several functions, which *MIGHT* include DNS.

< Previous Next >