Re: [SLE] Copy spool mail files?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:19:08 +0200
On Sunday 29 May 2005 19:03, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> [05-29-05 11:50]:
> > Please explain how procmail can be made to filter mail into cyrus imap
> > folders
>
> Knowing next to nil about imap, this is as close as I can come:
>
> http://www.syntheticzero.com/howto/vmail.php

Er, that's courier, not cyrus. Courier works on local mail boxes, cyrus has
its own storage. Last time I checked, procmail cannot be forced to deposit
mail into arbitrary places in the file system.

And I prefer cyrus to courier for a number of reasons, not the least of which
is ease of configuration. It also has very cool enterprise features, such as
clustering and virtual users built-in, which may not be useful to me at home
right now but which may come in handy some day. Most of those features seem
to be kludgy addons to courier

< Previous Next >