RE: [SLE] Problem with swap space on Suse 9.1 installation
  • From: "Paulo Coelho" <paulo.j.coelho@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 00:40:06 +0100

I really have little experience with Linux... basically all of my experience
has been trying to deal with this problem. What I did I saw on web pages and
mailing lists, and I guess I don't fully understand everything...

Regarding my problem, I was expecting it to be slower when using the swap
instead of real RAM, but in my case it really seems to stop... My FTP server
shows a progress bar for the uploads, and it stops... and after a while the
activity on the hard drive seems to end too...

I guess I'll try to find some more RAM for my old machine, or try your
suggestion.

Thanks!

Paulo