Re: [SLE] New kernel compilation
  • From: "Charles philip Chan" <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 05:01:21 -0400
On 31 May 2005, suryakiran.gullapalli@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm using SUSE - 9.1 and i tried to upgrade the kernel from the default one
> to 2.6.11.10 <http://2.6.11.10>. Kernel compilation went fine, but after
> booting with new kernel, i'm having problem with accessing dvd/cd drive and
> floppy drives (both uses subfs filesystems), and the pen drive connected to
> USB drive (which uses usbfs). Am i missing something here??

Yes, you are missing the subfs module. You should:

(1) Install the submount source rpm

(2) Do a "rpmbuild -bp <spec_file>"

(3) Recompile the module for your kernel located at
/usr/src/packages/BUILD/submount-<version>/subfs-<version>

Also, if your new kernel is not a SUSE kernel, boot logging won't work. You
will need to patch the kernel with the tiocgdev patch. Beware though the patch
will fail at the file tty_io.c. That file needs to be patched manually.

Not too sure about your usb problem though without more details.

Charles

--
"World domination. Fast"
(By Linus Torvalds)