Re: [SLE] An apology to the list
  • From: Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 01:06:33 +0000
On Monday 28 February 2005 23:16, Roger Beever wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 17:52 -0500, Ken Schneider wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 17:06, Ian Philpot wrote:
> > > In gmail all you need to do is select reply to all.
> > >
> > > /ip
> >
> > The problem with that is you end up sending two copies to the person you
> > are replying to, unless you are not so lazy that you edit To: or Cc:
> > line.
> >
> > --
> > Ken Schneider
> > UNIX since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE since 1998
> >
> > * Only reply to the list please*
>
> Evolution users can right click the message when reading in preview and
> select reply to list.
> Yes I have replied to the sender myself by mistake before.
> Regards Roger

And anyone using KMail should filter to a separate folder, assign the folder
as a mail-list with the correct mailto: address. Then when sending a reply
use the 'L' key. And unless you want your shiny new questions to be ignored,
use the 'New Message to Mailing List' menu for posting new queries. Thread
hijacking is really irritating.
--
Steve Boddy