Re: [SLE] An apology to the list
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:28:13 -0800
Hi, Patrick,

On Monday 28 February 2005 18:28, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> [02-28-05 21:16]:
> > Indeed, but as I'm fond of pointing out, KMail has the ability to:
> >
> > 1) Rewrite or delete headers in filter actions
> > 2) Assign filters to the "Apply Filter" sub-menu of the Message
> > menu 3) Add buttons associated with such manually-applied filters
> > to the toolbar.
> >
> > I use such a filter to fix posts that hijack a thread.
>
> I am *able* to accomplish the same with mutt by editing the headers,
> BUT, it should *not* be necessary. I, more often than not, merely
> delete those posts where the author deems threading irrevelant.

That's up to you, of course, but keep in mind that there's a newbie born
every minute and while it may be a perpetual trial to bring them along,
ultimately I choose to consider it wortwhile to do so. On the other
hand, I'm often insufferably superior and condescending in my attitude
when doing so. Thankfully for us all, we all know you're not like that.

> --
> Patrick Shanahan

Randall Schulz

< Previous Next >