Re: [SLE] detecting multiple monitors [9.2]
  • From: Rikard Johnels <rikjoh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:23:12 +0100
On Tuesday 01 March 2005 14.10, Berge, Harry ten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using SUSE 9.2, and have a machine equipped with a dual head nVidia
> adapter.
>
> This works al fine, but when I run a 'hwinfo --monitor' on the system I
> only see *one* monitor.
> Is it possible to detect multiple monitors? I know it is not depending on
> the nVidia, because I've got the same thing with a Matrox.
>
> Anyone an idea?
>

> Met vriendelijke groet / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind Regards,
>
> Harry

I have a few Matrox D400/D450 DH on my boxes, none of which reports the second
screen.
On one of the systems its due to using a RGB cable (with bnc connectors)
instead. The VGA connector has all the "talkback" lines, and that cable
doesn't.
But as far as the other cards go..?
I haven't installed any M$ OS on them so i cant tell if Windows reports right.
I THINK that the card isn't reporting the second head, but i am not 100% on
this.
All i did when i set my system up was to manually select monitor and all was
ready to go.
Note: Sax detected all heads, but set the second one as a "safe" generic VGA.

--

/Rikard

Rikard Johnels email : rikjoh@xxxxxxxxx
Web : http://www.rikjoh.com/users/rikjoh