Re: [SLE] Long DNS lookup times with 9.2
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:26:16 -0500
On Tuesday 01 March 2005 10:56, Elijah Savage wrote:

<huge whack here>

> Carl,
>
> Thank you very much I had already changed my network config back to
> DHCP all I had to do then was go to firefox and toogle Ipv6 to true
> and it works great. If you ask me it works better than on my windows
> box so I am not seeing the slowness now that you mentioned. I really
> appreciate it.

<huge whack here, too>

You're welcome, Elijah. I'm glad you got the results you were hoping
for. And don't get me wrong: Firefox isn't /slow/ here, it just
doesn't seem to me to be remarkably faster. It's quick enough and I'm
happy with it, so that's what's important, isn't it? I only mentioned
this observation because I thought your expectations might be too high.

Now do me and the rest of the list a favor: I do appreciate you bottom
posting but could you please trim your quotes, too? It's a PITA
digging through repeat material when researching threads and this last
full quote you sent was completely unnecessary.

regards,

- Carl

Dover Foxcroft, Maine, USA Public Keys 68396713 & F8207216